Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Today I woke up with a list of things to do a mile long and have not even gotten a couple of them done because I have no motivation. At times like this I wonder where motivation comes from. I also wonder why I let things get to the point that I get overwhelmed. And no I am not talking about house work! I do let that get out of hand at times but have been very good about not letting that happen lately. I have known that I have to give the lesson in Relief Society on Sunday for well over a month and known my topic for just under a month and you would think I would have at least started looking for some inspiration but no here I sit still not motivated to do it! I am not scared this time around so I wonder if fear is a motivator for me. Last time I had half my lesson written about a month before my lesson. This time if things don't change I will be writing it the night before! Everyday I tell my self tomorrow I will be motivated, my mind will be able to focus better and everyday I am disappointed. So once again I ask, where does motivation come from?

1 comment:

  1. I have this problem too! Personally I think that motivation comes from every day experiences. Something happens that opens your eyes and leads you down a different path and a new way of thinking. It also all feels like there is something better to do in that moment and that "i will get to it later." I think that if you do think of something you need to do, start on it that minute. My problem is that I'm motivated to do something for a minute, then I get side tracked and never get back to starting it. If I did it in that moment, it would have been done!

    Good luck on finding the inspiration to get you motivated to write that! :) :D

    Perhaps what you really need is to relax? Draw up a nice bath with bubbles and candles and music. It definitely helps me clear my head.

    ReplyDelete