Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

My Skirt!!!

I have been wanting to make a skirt for myself for several years but never have felt brave enough to do it. I finally got sick enough of all my skirts and couldn't find any new ones that i liked that fit right so I got brave and started to make me a skirt. I had been practicing my sewing on others things to help build my confidence, I made burp clothes, and then I moved on to cloth diapers for Baylee's baby dolls. Those turned out so well that I decided it was time to take on the skirt. I was so nervous and had to call my mom several times while cutting it out but I made it through that part. I was able to get it cut out and sewn together in a few short hours but had to stop because I didn't have a zipper foot on my machine to finish it. I headed to Wendell and my wonderful patient mom helped me put in the zipper and finish the hem. Those where the two hardest parts of the whole dang thing but I am glad that it is done. I love my new skirt and can't wait to go buy more material to make another one. It is so nice to have a skirt that fits the way I want it to. I am also going to try to make a skirt for Baylee if I can just figure out how to make it the way I want.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I love sewing also. It gives you such a sense of accomplishment when you finish.

    ReplyDelete