Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh Christmas Time, Oh Christmas Time

This Christmas has been a very busy one.  Usually I feel like time is dragging for the Big day to get here but this year it came and came fast.  Luckily Jon and I had decided that it was going to be a simple Christmas this year and were done and ready with gifts way ahead of time.  We got to spend lots of time with Daddy the week before Christmas due to a change in some work hours which was the best gift to me ever!!!!  We love having Daddy home.  On Christmas Eve Jon had to work at the Bee’s during the day so Baylee, Abi and I just hung out at home relaxing.  I figured it was best to let little Abi get as many good naps at home because I knew life was going to be crazy the next few days!  Once Daddy got home we loaded up and headed over to Grandma Tam’s house to visit with Kirt and his family.  Then we all loaded up and headed to Lori’s for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of hoagies sandwiches (homemade hoagie rolls!!) and salads and chips.  It was all very yummy!  After dinner we did our white elephant gift exchange and the gift of the year was a playboy bunny blanket that my nephew picked and loved and would not let go of the whole rest of the night!  Every year Grandma Tam makes jammies for the kids so they have matching ones.  Baylee asks to wears hers almost every night!  If that one is washing then she wants her princess ones that Grandma Karen gave her. Kirt took a picture of all the grandkids in their new jammies and I will try to get a copy for you all to see. 

Baylee was the first up in our house Christmas morning but it was her regular wake up time.  She was very excited so we sent daddy down to check to see if Santa had come then her and I headed down the stairs.  She was very excited to see that Santa had brought more presents!
DSC02438
I didn’t want Abi to miss out on the unwrapping of gifts so I went up and woke her up.  Luckily for us she wakes up very happy and does well even when we wake her up.  The first gift that was opened(Baylee opened all gifts unless it was to daddy or me) was to Abi and it was the Tutu that I had made for her.  She grabbed it and proceeded to chew on it the rest of the morning!
DSC02440

DSC02441
Well since Christmas was on a Sunday as soon as gift unwrapping was done we started the process of getting ready for church, luckily Santa had gotten the girls very pretty dresses for Christmas so there was no fight about what to wear this morning(Baylee has a different opinion then me on what is cute for church)
DSC02445DSC02446DSC02447DSC02448DSC02449DSC02450DSC02451DSC02452
My mom made the girls the cutest Tepee and Baylee had to have it set up right away and played in it while I got ready for church.
DSC02442DSC02443DSC02444
We headed to Grandma Tam’s church and then out to her house for dinner.  we spent the next day at Grandma Tam’s house playing games,  It was a whirl wind but we loved every min. of it!

2 comments:

  1. 2 beutiful girls looks like you had a fun Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of them in their Christmas dresses! Oh so cute!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete