Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

One of those days!

Have you ever gotten out of bed and thought now why the heck did I do that! Today is one of those days I should have just stayed asleep. My head is a pounding my house is in need of more cleaning and I have a 3 year old that is not helping with any of those things. It seems the past week has been spent cleaning the same mess over and over and over. How am I ever suppose to get around to the other messes if I am always cleaning the same one? I would just work harder but if I work more then I am I end up with a stupid pain in my side that doubles me over(I guess I should go figure out what is causing this but that is just another phone call to make). We are trying to teach Baylee to clean her own mess and she is pretty good about cleaning up one or two things and then she calls it quits. As a mother I have to ask does teaching children to clean ever get any easier? I love being a mom and being home all day it is wonderful not to miss out on any of the wonderful moments with Baylee, but the same old of cleaning gets to me. How many times can I pick up the same pair of shoes before I completely loose my mind? Now I am not alone in all of this. I have a wonderful husband who gets up goes to work comes home and helps me clean, runs errands and then heads back to work and is gone until after midnight without complaining one bit. It is just one of those days.

On a more positive note, a new year is here and new adventures await our family. We are excited to be starting the new year in our new home. So far we have made many new friends and are looking forward to making more. Our ward has sucked us right in and gotten us busy. I have been called to the position of Second Counselor in the Relief Society. This calling has me scared but also excited. What a great way to get to know all the ladies in the ward and build a love for my ward family! It has been good for me but I still am a little lost and trying to figure everything out. Jon has been called as the second Counselor in the Sunday School. I am not sure what all the entails but I am sure he will be great at it. Baylee is starting sunbeams on Sunday, not really sure how that is going to go over with her. We tried letting her know that she will be a sunbeam and she started pouting and saying NO! I am sure she will adjust with time if they can just keep her from standing up and dancing to the music!!!

1 comment:

  1. It took me five kids to learn this and learn how to let go. The mess will still be there tomorrow. And little ones grow up faster than we realize. Pretty soon there will be no mess and then the house will be way too quiet by then. But I remember those days all too well. My older girls hear Enya and they remember how they would come home from school with the house smelling like Cleaner with Enya playing. But my youngest doesn't have those memories. The younger kids wonder who is coming over when we really start cleaning. Bu nature I am a clean freak so it was hard-yet necessary for me to let go. Big wicker baskets were a life saver. For a time a would put them the living room and family room and throw everything in there that didn't belong in the room and then tell the girls later to claim their things and put them away. Then I had some sanity too.
    By the way-I sure miss you guys. The ward seems to be getting smaller and smaller. But I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete