Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Potty training

So we have decided that it is time for Baylee to be potty trained. Yikes it is hard work! She has been wanting to sit on the potty for months and months now and we let her but nothing ever happens no matter how long she sits there. Today I figured maybe she would do better if she had panties on instead of a pull up. Well I was wrong. We went from being willing and eager to sit on the potty to full blown out tantrums and tears. The problem was is she needed to go but would not go on the potty for nothing and would hold it the hold time she sat on it crying. Then as soon as I figured she must not need to go I would put her panties back on she would then pee. We went through 5 pairs of panties before I figured it would be just as easy to let her go naked. This was worse because she would feel like she had to go and would start going and then realized it was running down her leg so she would hold it. I would try to get her to sit on the potty but that always ended in her in tears. She would then act like she was ok and then it all would happen again. She was not going to go on the potty she was going to try as hard as she could to hold it all day. This created alot more messes then having the panties on. I finally put her pull up back on. I have not given up but figured I would start out slower. Baylee and I went to the store and she got to pick out her favorite chocolates adn then we came home and put the in a jar and printed a picture of the potty she wanted on the Jar and taped it to the jar now she can only have a chocolate if she goes potty in the potty or if she tries really hard to go. Sure hope we start seeing some success before the end of the week so I don't end up giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment