Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Update

Baylee has been a very busy little lady the last couple of months.  She did some speech intervention at a local preschool which helped but she still has some issues we are going to continue to work with a speech therapist for.  She has started ballet again and is loving it. This year they are really focusing on technique and all the different positions for a ballerina.  She has really grown up and it makes me a little sad to know that she is getting very independent.  She has some chore charts that she has to work on every day and it amazes me how well she has done with this.  She will start working on her chores before I am even up some mornings.  She knows if she wants to do something that unless her chores are done my answer will be no.  I love that she is learning responsibility.  She is still full of imagination and loves to pretend she is some character from one of her favorite movies.  She is always dancing around the house and singing songs from those movies.  She has been a little extra cuddly lately and I think it has to do with the fact that she knows she is growing up and isn’t going to be my little girl forever so she wants to enjoy being held.  She is always eating and you can’t seem to fill her up.  She will finish a meal and within 10 mins is starving for more.  I am just glad that she usually wants healthy snacks and not junk.  She amazes me everyday with all the new things she has learned or can do.  I love how often she will turn to me and say “mom I love you”.  I am so glad that Baylee is my daughter and that I get to hear those words on a daily basis.  Right now she is eagerly awaiting the arrival of Christmas and is sad in the morning when it is not yet Christmas.  She keeps telling me she is going to spend the night at Grandma’s and can’t wait.  She has a list a mile long that she wants from the Easter Bunny but only a few things from Santa!  I am excited with her and can’t wait for Santa’s arrival


Abigail Is a very sweet little lady.  She is always ready for a cuddle and to give kisses.  Not very often do you find a smile on her face but when you do get lucky enough to see one it fills her whole face.  She loves music and loves to go to the library for music and movement. The last few weeks she has seemed to have gone from a baby to a toddler over night. She walks around the house like she is a big girl and can do anything. She loves to watch shows with her big sister and dances the same way Baylee is.  She loves to carry her monkey or a baby around every where she goes and will even insist on taking it to bed with her.  She will hold the baby all night long.  She is not afraid to let you know that she is not happy with something you did or did not let her do.  She loves to torment her big sister. When she finds Daddy asleep on the couch she will stand by the couch and watch him sleep with a big grin on her face.  She loves to say bye and will say it over and over until Jon walks out the door then she starts to blow him kisses. We recently transitioned her from a bottle to a sippy cup and that went way better then I ever imagined it would.  She was very stubborn for about 3 days then she slowly gave in and now she loves her sippy.  Some of her favorite songs right now are :”I am bringing home a baby bumble bee”,”monkeys jumping on a bed”, and “If you are happy and you know it”.  She loves to sit on our bench to get her shoes on but flips out and starts screaming when you try to put the coat on her.  She loves to be outside playing and will tries to go for a walk around the block by herself and when you go to get her she runs away squealing. She loves to pretend like she is a little puppy dog and has her tongue hanging out panting a large portion of the time, she will even walk up to you and lick you once in awhile.  She has become a good little eater thankfully.  It is still hard to find things she likes but if you do happen to offer her something she is in the mood for she will eat a ton of it.  She wants to be done with naps so she screams and screams when you put her in bed but it only takes about 2 mins of being in bed before she is sound asleep.  She will take a good 2 1/2 to 3 hour nap.  I am always amazed by this sweet little girl and the little things in her personality that will all of the sudden shine through.  She is a joy in our home and we are thankful that she is our little girl.

Jon has been working a lot this last year with his 2 jobs and trying to get his teaching certificate. When he is not at work he is either studying, helping me with the girls and house stuff, or off doing some sort of service for someone.  He never complains about how hard he has to work in fact he will listen to me and comfort me as I complain about how hard things are and how much I miss him.  He is such a great guy.  I have been keeping busy taking the girls to their different activities and working out a routine here at home.  I was so sick of having to clean the same mess over and over and never have time to get to all the other cleaning that needed to be done.  I started a chore chart with Baylee and it has worked wonders for our family.  Most of the time Baylee and I are done with our daily chores by 10 and then we play with Abigail until nap time then it is play time for Baylee and mommy.  It has been so nice to be able to relax at night knowing the dishes are done and the toys are picked up.  I start my day off on a great note because the house really isn’t a huge mess. Baylee has gotten really great at looking at her chore chart and just doing her chores.  I have been busy filling out a bunch of paper work for a new adventure in our life's that I will fill you in on at a later time when there is more to tell but we are excited.  I am excited for Christmas this year. We get to go to my parents house which always reminds me of when I was little and the excitement in the air around Christmas.  Baylee and I have taken our time decorating for Christmas so that we don’t have holiday cheer burn out.  My paparazzi business has really picked up this last month with the holidays coming. It has been nice to see it work and I love how the stuff just sells itself.  I love to share it with people because of the great price.  I never thought I would love a home party based business like this.  I always thought people who did it was nuts! I guess now I am one of those nuts.  Jon is a great support and spends some of his spare time making boards for my displays and also going and doing events with me when he can.  I love how much he supports me in this adventure and that he is not afraid to be goofy with it.  This past year has flown by so fast.  I am glad that I get to share it all with my wonderful family, I am so thankful for the family that my heavenly father has blessed me with and feel like the luckiest woman in the world.  I can’t wait for what life has in store for us this next year and all the years to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment