Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

I've been thinking

Lately I just keep thinking about how I clean the same mess over and over yet the house never seems to get cleaner.  I know that having kids plays into this but yet the mess is not always the kids mess.  I know that organization is the biggest problem in my house.  Not everything has a place.  I set a goal when we moved in to make sure everything had a place when it got unpacked but seemed to have failed miserably at this.  So things get shifted from one spot to the next and it drives me nuts but I just don't seem to know what to do about it.  I have read many books, and blog post on organization and think oh I can do that it wouldn't be that hard but when it comes right down to it I never get it done.  I will get started and then get distracted by one of my children or the hubby and then never end up getting back to it so that makes an even bigger mess to face the next time I try.  I often wonder if I just missed this line in heaven.  Did I not get the organization gene or is this something that is developed over time.  And if that is the case how in the world do you do it??  How can I teach my sweet girls so that they don't have to deal with this issue when they are older.  How do I who fail miserably in house keeping teach my girls to do better?  We have tried having Baylee do chores and she was great at it but once again mother falls short and stops having her do her chores and we are back at stage one of chores once again.  Is there any tricks to this that I am missing?  What age do I start.  Abi just stares blankly at me as I try to teach her to pick her toys up and put them away.  In fact she does the opposite and spreads them right back out as I put them away.  I will go to other people's homes and think "how in the world do they do it?"  I would like to just follow a few of my dear friends around all day every day for a week and just watch there daily routines and their cleaning habits and see if I can learn something. Not sure they would like that and I don't really have the time with 2 kids at home but hey if any of you dear friends are willing I think I could arrange a sitter for the week so I could observe you in your daily duties.(just putting it out there :) ) I just want my home to be nice for my hard working man and my family.  I guess I will just keep trying different things and keep cleaning the same mess over and over and maybe one day all the pieces will come together and I will get this figured out. Maybe one day I will have the house the people walk into and think WOW!!! A girl can dream right??

1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to follow this idea http://tipsandpix.com/?p=76 - and I am finding it helpful (though I am not perfect...still trying to learn to juggle 4 kids) but it is helping me keep up with chores and while my house is still not perfect it is easier to clean up when I have visitors coming. Oh, and I need to do two loads of laundry to keep up but that is still doable.

    ReplyDelete